"When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost." -Billy Graham
To my readers who have been struggling with health issues: Oh I have so many things I want to tell you! Having travelled the health/illness journey for 9 years with my daughter and my own journey for nearly a year, I want to spare you from the heartache and the despair. Because the truth is, how you view your health has everything to do with your wellness. Your path to health is something you are working out daily. You are moving towards health. Your positive mindset and willingness to dig in, is what will propel you towards health.
So this month, I want to share some of the things I have learned over the past 9 years. Yes, keep doing the physical things: eat well, sleep well, move well., but add these mental exercises to them:
1. Decide today that you are moving towards health.
2. Remind yourself that you are smart and can figure this out.
3. Each day is a new opportunity for learning more about your mind and body.
4. Be open to trying something new.
5. How you view your health has everything to do with how healthy you are.
6. Ask other people how they have maintained or regained their health.
7. Think big picture. If you mess up today, start over tomorrow.
8. You are not a victim.
9. When you learn something new, teach it to someone else.
10. It's usually not just one thing that restores health, but a combination of small steps.
11. Gather a good support network around you.
12. Layer your life with things other than physical health: friendships, faith, service, and self-sacrifice.
13. Your health does not determine if you are good or bad.
14. Trust that God has a plan for your life.
And finally, remember, you are not alone. I am here for you. Need someone to talk to? Need someone to listen? Give me a call!